• +P: (07) 3061 5520
  • info@publichomeloan.com.au

457 Visa Holders

457 Visa Holders

457 Visa Holders Home Loan

The most common type of work visa application we receive is for professionals who are on a 457 visa. If you’d like to buy a property while living in Australia then this page will help to explain how to apply for a mortgage and how we can help.


How much can I borrow?

The amount that you can borrow depends on your situation, your employment history and your marital status:

80% of the property value: Anyone who’s in Australia on a work visa can borrow 80% with select banks who’re happy to work with foreign citizens living in Australia.


Will I pay higher interest rate?

As a foreign citizen residing in Australia on a working visa, you won’t have to pay a higher interest rate than Australian citizens or permanent residents.

In fact some of our lenders offer significant discounts and rates below the Bank Standard Variable (BSV) rate if you’re borrowing enough to qualify for a professional package.

If you’re applying for a smaller amount you can still qualify for a competitive basic mortgage.


We’re Home Loan Brokers who specialise in helping people without Australian citizenship to apply for a loan in Australia. We regularly help people on working visas, in particular 457 visas, to buy real estate in Australia.

If you’d like to buy a property in Australia and need mortgage approval please feel free to contact us.



Contact Us